More great information for Manalapan Homeowners.
Click to connect with your Manalapan neighbors on Facebook! Join the conversation and stay on top of what's going on in our town.
Manalapan Township Recycling Program
You can place all recyclables in one bin for curbside collection!
WHAT CAN I RECYCLE?
- Glass bottles & jars – clear, brown, & green only
- Tin and aluminum cans
- Aerosol cans (EMPTY only, no caps)
- Metal jar lids (remove from jars)
- Corrugated cardboard (flattened)
- Paperboard boxes (e.g. cereal, pasta & tissue boxes)
- Newspapers & inserts (no bags)
- Magazines, brochures & catalogues
- Mail & greeting cards
- Office paper
- Photo paper, wrapping paper, tissue paper
- File folders
- Phone books
- Paperback books
- Hardcover books with the cover removed
- Paper bags
- Empty paper and toilet paper rolls (the core)
- Shredded paper (must be placed in a clear plastic bag. This is the only exception to the “no plastic bags” rule)
Note: Numbers for plastic containers are located on the bottom of the container in the center of a small triangle made of the recycling arrows symbol.
#1 thru #6 Plastics:
- Screw top and pourable* containers ONLY! *Pourable means the neck of the container is narrower than the body.
- Remove Caps
- Examples: bottles from milk, water, detergent, & shampoo.
- Remove lids from jars and bottles
- Empty and lightly rinse all containers
- You do NOT need to tie up your newspapers if they are in a container
- Use a container with a lid to ensure that papers do not blow away
- Containers should not be larger than 64 gallons
- No plastic bags (except for shredded paper which should be placed in a clear plastic bag)
- NO NEED TO REMOVE: tape, paper clips, staples, stamps, labels, metal fasteners, rubber bands, plastic tabs, post‐it notes, spiral bindings.
Not accepted for curbside pickup:
- Plastic bags (except for shredded paper which should be placed in a clear plastic bag)
- Waxed paper or waxed cardboard
- Plastic lids & caps
- Plastic with no number or #7 plastics
- Aluminum foil & pie tins
- Microwavable trays
- Containers from frozen food
- Broken glass
- Light bulbs, windows, mirrors
- Drinking glasses
- Glass cookware
- Ceramics, porcelain, plates, vases
- Tissues, paper towels, napkins
- Styrofoam & paper to‐go containers
- Plastic 6‐pack holders
- Paint cans (empty or full)
- Coat hangers
- Household items (e.g. toasters, cooking pots)
Click to Sign Up For My Homefinder Service to receive automated emails when new homes come on the market that match YOUR criteria.
Weichert Realtors - Marlboro / Manalapan
732-598-6823 cell 732-536-4400 x116 (office)